Friday 3 August 2007

Another one to the collection..

I'm toying with my jewellery to avoid holding hands,
My head is hanging low, to avoid your demands.
My lips stay sealed so not to say it all wrong,
If I had my way by now, you'd be long gone.

If walking away is this hard
I might as well have stayed still.
If we hadn't drifted this far,
Then more silences would've been filled.

I'm angry at your questions,
and even more at my replies,
These moments aren't the best ones,
And the ones we can't just hide.

Two days without conversation
make our words more angry than before,
Harsh sentances formed without organisation,
Hitting so hard, our hearts fall to the floor.

My mind ablaze with the recent past,
of arguments, doubts and mistrust,
The good times been and gone so fast,
The laughter, play fights, and lust.

The last thread of reconcilliation has finally snapped,
As our limp bodies subside beneath the frayed rope.
The bridges we once built have dissipated and collapsed.
Our constantly beating hearts, no longer able to cope.

..xx

No comments: